Thursday, October 30, 2014

Week 5 Topic 2 : Media Blog Projects


The blog post I found most interesting was the post from Dennis. His post was on "Saturday Night Live", it was about how "SNL" feeds on stereotypes from American pop culture. He mentions how "SNL" is an equal opportunity offender on current issues within our media. I agree with his views on this show because as a child "SNL" made a major impact on my views towards pop culture. I found this show more entertaining in the 1970's-1990's because of the comedians who later found major stardom. Some of my favorite actors started out on "SNL", like Chris Farley, Adam Sandler, Will Ferrell, Chris Rock, and Tina Fay. While watching the "Weekend Update" segment of this show I was kept informed on national news from a comedic perspective at an early age. 

My favorite part of this show was the commercial sketches because that poked fun at real issues. My all time favorite sketch was the "Oops I crapped my pants" segment, which was a parody of a Depends diaper commercial. 

No comments:

Post a Comment