Thursday, October 16, 2014

Forum 3: Topic 2: Campaign Advertising


The particular issue that has caught my attention is YES ON 92 (Oregon), or YES ON 522 (Washington). This issue is pertaining to labeling genetically engineered foods such as GMO's (pesticides in foods) and having the right to know what is in the food we consume.

oregonrighttoknow.org

This commercial has caught my attention because of its persuasive techniques: Hidden fact (allergies, children in the hospital, findings of Roundup in breast milk, charts with findings of pesticides in foods), Irritation (reputation of "We have the right to know"), and it has used the plain folks appeal (Mom's Across America).

I would vote YES on 92 just because I think we should have the right know what's in our food. I have so many food allergies and I could die (go into a elliptic shock)  if I do not know what I am consuming. More information on the ingredients of food is better.


No comments:

Post a Comment