Friday, October 3, 2014

Blog Forum Topic 1: About Me



I am currently enrolled into the Media and Society class because of the passion I have for the media industry. This course also fulfills my arts and letters criteria for my AAOT degree in the health field.  The types of media that I am interested are particularly in smut (National Enquirer, People, In Touch) magazines, movies of all genres, and TV series. My expectations for this class is to understand how the media influences Americans’ belief systems (especially in the health field) and how it controls our economy.

Besides learning, my passion is in designing costumes, decorating, and celebrating my favorite holiday; Halloween. I create costumes on a low budget ($100 or less) which at the most can take up to six months to finish. My costumes are mostly created from used/ vintage, new (limited to price), and hand-made materials. I have won numerous prices for my creations including: cash, gift cards, liquor, and assorted gift bags. The costumes that I have created were: Miss Piggy/ Kermit the frog, little red riding hood, Jelly Belly beans, bride of Frankenstein/Frankenstein, Mickey and Minnie mouse, Elvis, and Elvira.  I have also redesigned my whole house into the Day of the Dead (Dia de los Muertos) theme. It was a blast! 



No comments:

Post a Comment