Friday, October 3, 2014

Blog Forum #2 : The Media I consume


Personally, I do not play any online games. I would rather play old school games such as Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Street Fighter, Duck Hunt and Mario Bros. These games are easy to play and if you hit the controller just right you could win a game. 1UP!









In the short video “Gaming Can Make a Better World” Jane McGonigal was in defense that role playing games could make us a better society. I would have to agree on the level that if we were all placed into a real-life situation such as a "World Without Oil" (also a role-playing game) we as a society would at least have some kind of experience on how to deal with a situation like, due the experience’s we have playing this game. Everyone need’s an “Epic-Win” if not in this world why not in the synthetic world. WINNING!

“Second-Skin” reminds me of a “True Life” episode from MTV where they go into several peoples’ lives and share their true life experiences (such as in the gaming world). This particular show I felt was accurate to the real life of a “gamer” because of the experiences were true to life situations. I have a unique familiarity to the life of a gamer, but I myself am not a gamer. I reason I can relate with the culture surrounding the gamer community and their mind set is because most of my friends in high school were gamers whom played role-playing games such as “World of Warcraft” and “Dungeons and Dragons”.  

No comments:

Post a Comment