Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Media Blog Forum 3 Topic 1: YouTube/Advertising/PR




The particular cause that I had researched was "Breast Cancer Awareness" because this month (October) is dedicated to this particular cause. The social media (TV, internet, magazines, and even billboards) are inundated with information about this subject because it is something that we all should be aware of. None of us are exempt because Breast Cancer shows no bias.

 I came across this specific YouTube video (please watch below) and thought that it was very risque but very informative. I salute how the young lady came across with her point in the teaching about breast cancer awareness. The audience that she mostly targeted was everyone on the streets of Delhi, and now the world. The target audience ranged from a whole spectrum of people (from young children to older adults). The effectiveness of this campaign was very successful because of its portrayal. You go girl!!!   And please support this cause by wearing pink in October 24 (even you too men).




The one concept that Jeff Jarvis proposes in the book "WWGD" that stood out the most was his second lesson: Newness. The main reason I was hired as leasing agent for an apartment building complex was because I wasn’t currently from that area. This rental complex was located in Lincoln, Nebraska and the manager said that they needed a new pair of eyes. I came in with a newness and I could lease apartments with new and effective ideas because I was from a different state (Oregon). I was a great success and asset to their company by boosting sales. I am a firm believer that a newness can rejuvenate a company.

No comments:

Post a Comment