Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Week 8 Topic : Music Influence/ Campus Radio


PictureMy first memory of media having the Parental Advisory warning of Explicit Lyric's was in the late 80's- to early 90's. I recall that Wal-Mart only carried edited versions of albums. For that particular reason I boycotted that company when I bought music. No one (big companies or politicians) needed to control my taste in music. I am fully capable of making my own decisions, when it comes to listen to music and their lyrics. For example I choose not to listen to "GG Allin" songs such as: Eat my F*#$ because of his controversial lyrics, stage presences, and beliefs systems. But I did enjoy listening to Marylin Mason and NIN (Nine inch Nails) because of their unique music style.
   
I am not bias when is comes to listen to music, but I do not enjoy listening to Christian and some Country (Dolly Parton, Roy Roger are okay, but not new country). I enjoy listening music from all eras such as 60's- to present such as "The Rolling Stones (Blues/Rock n' Roll) was one the best concerts that attended, Bob Marley (Reggae), " The Fugees" ( Hip-Hop), "Nirvana" ( Garage Rock), and "Katy Perry (Pop).


I think that having a campus radio station would be a great idea because there is a need in the community for a college radio. This idea would be feasible because it would get lots of support from the local community and college students. The format that the college radio could provide would be music such as from local musicians (a wide variety of artists), local Hip-Hop (underground music), limited commercials breaks,offering current events affecting the community directly, and local activists sharing opinions/ thoughts about worldly issues. How to fund this radio station would be by promotions through selling T-Shirts with cool logos (such as THC- the hip-hop connection), fundraisers done on air, having local night clubs hold shows hosted by the radio station, having an open-mic night, and famous stars do radio spots on the show. 

 THC: the hip-hop connection, @iring only on LBCC radio


















No comments:

Post a Comment